(After 7 years off, I suppose I should catch up on awards. Let’s see… Wait, there are how many now?? Crikey.)
It’s that time of year. The leaves are getting ready to turn, the lattes are spiced up with pumpkins, the kids are morosely back in school, and all attention turns for a hot minute to a few hundred grand in awards for like 10 writers. Enjoy!
- $50G Canadian Children’s Literature award list includes a someone who is from where I live
- Esi Edugyan sits atop pile of everything you ever wanted
- As I try to tell my kids… don’t be a dick. Things you say and do now can come back to haunt you in unexpected ways later. For instance, lets say you were drawing antisemitic things when you’re little and then you grow up and want to live among sane people and win awards and stuff… As the French say, “Tough merde, Yann.”)
- Hey, I’ve been gone for a long time… we all accept self-published people, right? They’re, like, real people now? Amazon seems to, anyway. I know they accept them because if there’s one thing Amazon likes to do with real people, it’s make money off them…
- What the frig is a Ballie Gifford Prize?