Basically from now until the distant future of 2020 (I’m telling you, if laser eye surgery companies don’t look into the next year and see a marketing windfall, they’re chumps), there will be these sorts of lists and posts. See my rant of yesterday for my opinions on people’s reactions to them.
- Peggy will obviously be on many of these lists, especially from the companies that want to actually sell books, like our own local sweatshop and capitalist meat grinder, Amazon
- Lithub offers a list of the 78 (?) best book covers of 2019
- And they follow this with a more substantive: 20 best novels of the decade
- NYT editors discuss the top 10 books (paywall/audio)
- Even libraries are getting in on the action: NYPL and Chicago