Dear Ninjas, it’s nuts here. Grocery stores opened today for the first time since Thursday and it looks like a 1982 Romanian bread line. Except it’s full of Newfoundlanders so everyone is laughing. Anyway, we have milk now and I imagine the state of emergency will be lifted closer to the weekend, so stability is on the horizon. Just no more snow, please.
- Montreal illustrator Isabelle Arsenault included on shortlist for prestigious Hans Christian Andersen Award
- “Look, just because you happen to equate Orwell with damp, mould and misery doesn’t mean he didn’t enjoy getting his leg over sometimes.” 1984 Shades of Grey?
- Man makes entire career of writing about the fact that he reads, and here we are slogging it out like chumps
- What students get up to when they think the librarians aren’t looking (your imagination is better than this article, but still…)
- My co-Ninja by marriage contract used to run a series of poetry vending machines… Poetry jukeboxes were on the list for future plans until I whisked her away to the Fey Realm known as “Snowmageddontown”
- Lee Child is reachering for new horizons (damn, you know, I used to be good at this headline thing…)
- Librarians stand up against dumbass parents who want to block access to LGBTQ books