So I spent part of the morning in my doctor’s office waiting to be seen — apparently doctors have cars that breakdown and need to be towed to the shop. What’s the point of going through years of school and residency if you drive a car that needs towed places? Oh, right…. “helping people.” Anyway, it means I am doing only one post today so I can get back to writing the book I’m not writing but am writing but am not but am. If you follow.
- 10 things you didn’t know about CS Lewis (I’m always afraid of these lists because, you know, men… I figure best case is we find out he liked to look at nuns’ ankles or something)
- Amazon has cancelled its Nazis…. Now if it could just pay its taxes
- RIP: Mark Alexander
- Is The Book Alive? (ever notice that when print sales drop you get 30,000 articles on varieties of the “Is The Book Dead?” type, but you never really get the same when sales go up?)
- Fighting with the estate of Sylvia
- PEN/Faulkner longlist announced
- Stephen Colbert gets vicious with his Tolkien nerding and the Hobbit suffers the sting of Elvish steel in its back