And I mean that in less of a Celine Dion way and more in a Huey Lewis and the News way. Listen, I dislike this retail-buying-cycle-focal-point-disguised-as-a-holiday, not because I dislike love (I’ve learned all about it the last 10 years and it’s pretty dece, let me tell you), but because I hate being lied to. I also hate demonstrably participating in things. It makes my inner mohawk ache. So who should we blame for this yearly nonsense called Valentine’s Day? A goddamn poet. Of course. Chaucer, you fuckwit, look what you’ve wrought.
- Illustrated love poetry;
- Entire RWA board resigns just in time for Valentine’s Day;
- Romantic books for today;
- Is it time to abandon marriage? (only the bad ones, my friends);
- Former ninja Kuitenbrouwer with a gorgeous essay full of schmancy PhD words on kissing;
- Books on the science of love (this better involve wearing socks while doing it and the pros and cons of lube).