Note: not a Christian magazine left in your mailbox when you wouldn’t answer the door for those Jehovah’s Witnesses.
- RIP: Charles Portis, 86;
- Australia is not just for fires and giant creepy-crawlies, it’s for publishing scandals as well;
- Are you done all your Atwood novels? The Irish offer some counsel on where to spend your attention currency next;
- Mary Beard briefly on the history of the Whodunnit;
- You know we live in a difficult time when a bookstore gets inundated with requests for book called Reasons to Stay Alive;
- If Amazon is throttling book sales of authors of who criticize them, well, I’m screwed — I just KNEW this couldn’t be a poetry thing….