I am only posting once today because I’m working on other things and want to get to them. Also, you get what you pay for, dammit. Actually, after looking at my bank account, you’re getting more than what you pay for.
- The state of the life of an author today… this PDF doc report from the Author’s Guild in the US goes into more detail, but suffice it to say that the state of this-author-in-particular’s life is: under-caffeinated, over-medicated, and disheveled. (I mean, I like wearing my hair in this younger fashion, all shaved at the sides and slicked back, but every morning I wake up looking like an uncooked-bacon-coloured version of Busta Rhymes)
- A tour of the literature of Mars;
- What is the hardest language to lip read? (Note: not the language of love… that looks like this: 👄);
- Every found yourself daydreaming, I wonder what Larry McMurtry’s personal library looks like? Well, it’s your lucky day;
- RIP: Larry Tesler, 75. (The guy who invented cut/copy/paste has died… I think it’s high time we come up with a process for canonizing secular saints);
- Carnegie Medal focuses on re-imagined classics …. just like Hollywood with its remake fever;
- This dude’s book dedication has gone viral, no word on the book itself.