Well, people have started working from home and society hasn’t collapsed yet. So here are a few book related links to get you through your self-isolation. I myself don’t need to worry because I got so sick of the literary world I’ve been self-isolating for over nearly 10 years, and am skilled at getting along without seeing anyone.
- Korean ebook startup is giving 50,000 titles away for free to quarantined folk (give that marketing dude a raise);
- LAT is postponing the festival of books (you know, if things will get as bad as they say, I think the idea of “postponing” is at best overly optimistic, and at worse, a little naive);
- Even the NYPL is shutting down events in prep for the phlegmbomb of Covid-19 (it’s legal drinking age! look out!);
- Guardian offers a c19 reading list;
- Why not start in on that pile of books you’ve been meaning to read but have been kidding yourself about finding the time for until now?;