So I separated out a bunch of links from the news dump because it was nice to have a news dump that had no fucking virus news in it for once, and I am frankly barely keeping it together every morning trying to sift through this depressing nonsense. That all said, there are a few interesting pieces on how the epidemiological shitshow is affecting our industry that I still feel the need to share. These are mostly meatier pieces, instead of the constant stream of listicles and recommendations coming from everyone who has something to flog.
- BookNet looks at the overall impact on Canadian books;
- PW looks at what book orgs are doing to help;
- LitHub has Jason Boog looking at how writers survived the first great depression;
- Back to PW again for indie stores trying to survive via GoFundMes;
- Philip Pullman is once again on the front lines of kicking ass;