You made it to Friday! Cross that off your list. Actually, that might be a great way to get something done at least once a week. Add “Make it to Friday” to your to-do list and then every Friday enjoy the satisfaction of having actually crossed something off.
Make it to Friday. Ahhhhhh. Don’t forget it’s Mothers Day on Sunday. Not that you’re going to be able to do anything with Mom. Maybe, you know, just fucking look after yourself like a responsible adult and stop letting her do the lion’s share of care-giving, you ungrateful bastard.
As a reward for your survival, I’m going to try to make this news dump without a single Covid story in it… Can I do it? Stay tuned.
- Bezos in the crosshairs over whistleblower retaliation;
- On writing porn as high art;
- Remember when Wallace Stevens broke his hand on Hemigway’s face? Good times. Damn, I would LOVE to have broken my hand on Hemigway’s face;
- Can the bookstore be reimagined?;
- Do these indie store bestsellers surprise you?;
- CBC recommends some books for Mothers Day;
- Guns n Roses doing a picture book for kids with James Patterson… I shit you not… (side note: I really hope that once they get old enough for false teeth, they switch their name to “Gums n Roses”);
- What are people checking out? At the library, you dirt-minded lech;
- Jackson Poetry Prize awarded;
- Montreal Poetry Prize extends deadline;
- Top o’ the yarnin’ to yeh: Irish Novel of the Year shortlist;
- For those of you jonesing: Free poetry events to watch online;
- S&S stays afloat on digital sales;