Even though things don’t look as dire as on election night, the real trouble is only beginning. Losing is going to really kick the hornet’s nest down there, especially if the losing side is the more armed one. I hope for peace, but expect a few mass killings will really seal the whole “collapse of a civilization” experience. Please be safe, my American pals.
After that, I’ll try to bring you back around to a decent headspace so you don’t snap at your colleagues in your 11:30 bluesky session.
- Let’s ease in with some ASMR of old French books;
- Let’s continue with some e-Reader recs in time for Giftmas (don’t by Kindle);
- We’ll follow that up with a candle that smells like a new book… ah…;
- Speaking of candles and books and non-upsetting news: Indigo Board appoints a POC;
- A history of dustjackets? That’s not upsetting!;
- Canadian poet Jordan Scott gets an NYT review for his new kids book;
- More good news: Bookshop.org is getting all the love;
- Bad news slipped in here: Pedlar Press is shuttering its doors… God, I wish I had the money to buy this;
- Sheree Renée Thomas appointed editor of Fantasy & Science Fiction;
- Young Black author nails Kickstarter and gets picked up for publication;
- Jonathan Coe learned everything he knows from the telly;
- First Page Student Writing competition… It’s important you tell your kids about this so they can enter and lose and be discouraged forever from trying to do this stuff;